Fire crews called to blaze in Stroud High Street
FIRE fighters extinguished a blaze at the OPENhouse premises in High Street, Stroud, at 2.45pm this afternoon.
Gloucestershire Fire and Recue watch commander Tim Stait believed the cause of the fire was an extension cable left plugged in underneath a pile of clothes.
No one was inside the flat when the fire started however there were four other residents in the building who were evacuated by the building maintenance officer.
Two fire appliances attended, no one was injured.