Flooding update - Toadsmoor Road closed and London Road congested
ROADS across the district remain impassable due to heavy flooding.
Toadsmoor Road between Vatch Lane and Churchill Road is impassable and there is congestion on the A419 from London Road to Belvedere Mews.
Motorists are urged to stay safe by reducing their speed, driving carefully and considerately and to not drive into floodwater as you cannot anticipate how deep it is.
Drivers are also being given the following advice:
· Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off · Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
· Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
· Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
· Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
· Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists You can report any problems on the roads by calling Gloucestershire Highways on 08000 514 514.
Traffic information can be found on the Highways Agency website:
The emergency services continue to monitor the conditions closely in the coming hours and days, keeping an eye on Environment Agency flood alerts and river levels in the county.
Traffic updates about road closures can be found on Twitter @Glos_Police - You don't have to have an account to read them.
Send your pictures and stories to email@example.com or call 01453 769423