A YOUNG  builder who plunged to his death from a Cornish clifftop during a football tour earlier this year had been the victim of paedophiles as a teenager, it was revealed this week.

Luke Harrison, also known as Griffin, was made to pose for 'provocative' photographs when he was 14, it emerged at Gloucester Crown Court.

The pictures of tragic Luke were found when the home of paedophile Richard Fruin was raided by police in 2005.

But after Fruin's arrest he fled the country and travelled abroad for seven years before returning to the UK earlier this year.

He was arrested on his return and  on Thursday he was jailed for a year after he admitted 15 charges of possessing indecent images of children - including Luke.

However, because he has spent six months on remand in custody Fruin will be eligible for almost immediate release on parole.

Luke, from Stroud, fell from a clifftop at Newquay in June this year.  He was in the Cornish town on tour with is football team, Leonard Stanley,

In court, prosecutor Tim Hills said that in 2005 when Fruin was arrested he was associating with Luke and had taken him to a farmhouse in Worcester where indecent pictures of him were taken.

As well as the 12 months jail term Fruin was also ordered to sign the sex offender register for ten years.  Judge Jamie Tabor QC also imposed a seven year sexual offences prevention order.

The prosecutor told the court Fruin's offences came to light as a result of a postman trying to deliver a parcel to his home which was addressed to Luke Harrison.

The postman refused to hand the parcel over to Fruin but he snatched it.
Mr Hills said the postman reported Fruin for theft and police then searched his home and found 'evidence of drug use.'

Expecting to find further incriminating drug evidence on Fruin's computers the police instead discovered the pornographic films and pictures - mostly downloaded from the internet but some of Luke striking 'provocative poses.'

Detectives noticed that none of the pictures were taken in Fruin's home.

They went to Luke's, where they learnt he had been in the habit of going with Fruin to an address in Worcester, said Mr Hills.

The address was a farmhouse occupied by the man who had sent the parcel to Luke at Fruin's home.

When Fruin was questioned by police he said the images of the boy were taken at the Worcester farmhouse.

In total there were almost 300 films and images, Mr Hills said. Those of Luke were in the least serious categories one and two but Fruin also had perverted images of level four on a scale of 1-5.

Mr Hills said Fruin's flew to West Africa after his arrest seven years ago. The ticket was provided by the Worcester man.

Fruin had returned from Malaysia in May this year as a result of being 'in trouble for falsifying travel documents,' Mr Hills added.

Paul Trotman, defending, pointed out that Fruin had no previous convictions.  He said that while Fruin may have known the pictures of Luke were being taken he was not instrumental in that being done.

Passing sentence Judge Tabor told him: "When you were arrested you disappeared for seven years. I have not been told what went on in that time other than that you left Malaysia under a cloud."