Chimney fire tackled in Lower Street, Stroud
A CHIMNEY fire was tackled at a property in Lower Street, Stroud at 2.45pm on Sunday. Five firefighters were on the scene for more than an hour to ensure the flames were completely extinguished. Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends around 300 chimney fires a year.
Homeowners are being urged to ensure chimneys are cleaned before lighting their first fires of the year. For safety advice see www.glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html
Comments are closed on this article.