FOUR Stroud men have appeared in court in connection with the death of Nick Bonnie.

The men only spoke at the hearing at Trafford Magistrates' Court in Manchester to confirm their names and addresses and have not yet entered a plea.

Nick, 30, who grew up in King’s Stanley, died in the early hours of Saturday, September 28, after collapsing in the Warehouse Project nightclub in Manchester while on a lads’ weekend.

It is believed he had taken what police said was part of a ‘bad batch’ of an illegal substance.

At court, magistrates granted the four men bail to appear at Manchester Crown Court on January 28.

James Churchill, aged 30, of Selsey West, Stroud, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and six counts of supplying a Class A drug.

Paul Tabb, aged 30, of Stanley View, Stroud, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and two counts of possession of Class A drugs.

Dean Neale, aged 29, of Mosley Crescent, Stroud, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and two counts of possession of Class A drugs.

Simon Lloyd-Jones, aged 29, of Foxmoor Lane, Stroud,  has been charged with perverting the course of justice.

Former Marling School pupil Nick, lived in Bristol and had worked for the Prince's Trust for eight years.

At the time of his death, five other people at the nightclub were hospitalised due to the affects of taking drugs.

Nearly 1,000 mourners attended Nick’s funeral at Gloucester Cathedral in October.

Speaking at the time, Nick's parents Pauline and Andy Bonnie said: "This news has devastated the lives of us, Nick's two brothers Thomas and Ryan, and his beautiful devoted girlfriend, Leah.

"Our family and friends, Nick's friends, work colleagues, all those who had the privilege of knowing him and those he helped in his employment with the Princes Trust, are equally devastated.

"Nick was born in King's Stanley and went to the local primary school. He progressed to Marling before taking a gap year and travelling around Australia before gaining his degree at university in Plymouth. He returned home to work with a local firm of solicitors in Stroud before embarking on the true vocation of his life, working with the Princes Trust.

"He has helped many young people in the early stages of his employment there and helped raise funds and promote the profile of the Trust in his current role. He has been to Highgrove on several occasions and attended one of the Queen's garden parties at Buckingham Palace.

"Nick played local football for King's Stanley youth teams up until the age of 16, Leonard Stanley Under 18s, Brimscombe & Thrupp and finally, Cashes Green. Nick was a keen sportsman, avid follower of Liverpool FC and only last week completed the 'Tough Mudder' challenge for Help for Heroes in Wales.

"Nick was known by many as having a big heart, big personality and the most infectious smile in Stroud.

"Our thanks go out to all those who have taken the time to send messages of support to our family. Our lives and all those who were blessed to share a part in his life, are broken. Our life will never be the same without Nick and he will never be forgotten."