Euro Elections - Conservative manifesto
9:00am Saturday 10th May 2014 in News
THE Conservative Party – Fighting for real reform in Europe
Only the Conservatives have achieved real results in Europe – cutting the EU budget, vetoing a fiscal treaty that would have hurt our economy and taking Britain out of the Eurozone bail-outs that Labour signed us up to.
Labour and the Liberal Democrats will not stand up for Britain in Europe, and they refuse to give the British people a say in an in-out referendum.
UKIP are neither credible nor competent and they can’t deliver for Britain.
Only the Conservatives can deliver real change in Europe.
We will renegotiate Britain’s membership then hold an in-out referendum for the British people to decide our future in Europe.
Only the Conservatives have a plan to deliver real change in Europe.
Real change we have delivered:
- The ﬁrst-ever EU budget cut, saving British taxpayers £8.15 billion
- Taken Britain out of Eurozone bail-outs
- Vetoed a treaty that would have damaged Britain’s interests
- Reduced red tape for British business
- Taken action to ﬁx our immigration system and limit migrants’ access to beneﬁts
Real change we will fight for:
1. Powers ﬂowing away from Brussels, not to it, and cutting the cost of EU administration.
2. National parliaments able to work together to block unwanted European legislation.
3. Businesses liberated from red tape and beneﬁting from the strength of the EU’s own market – the biggest and wealthiest on the planet – to open up greater free trade with North America and Asia.
4. Our police forces and justice systems able to protect British citizens, unencumbered by unnecessary interference from the European institutions, including the European Court of Human Rights.
5. Free movement to take up work, not a freedom to move just for more-generous beneﬁts.
6. End our commitment to an ‘ever-closer union,’ as enshrined in the Treaty, to which every EU country has to sign up. It may appeal to some countries. But it is not right for Britain, and we must ensure we are no longer subject to it.
7. And most importantly of all – an in-out referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU, a stronger economy at home, renewed respect abroad and real change in Europe.
This can only happen with the Conservatives.
- Ashley Fox
- Julie Girling
- James Cracknell
- Georgina Butler
- Sophie Swire
- Melissa Maynard
Comments are closed on this article.