Property Market Comment
10:02am Saturday 21st June 2014 in News
WITH the 2014 FIFA World Cup now in progress, football fever is gripping fans all around the nation and can leave many getting carried away in the moment when their team is playing.
Property fever also continues to sweep the nation – Halifax reported this month the biggest monthly jump (£7,000) in UK house prices in 11 years. The Bank of England also held interest rates at a record 0.5 per cent.
In Stroud we’ve seen a surge of properties coming on to the market recently and our valuation team have been busy visiting more and more prospective sellers looking to take advantage of this interest. However, just like how football fans feel about their sport, people get passionate about buying homes and their emotions can run away with them.
So, if you’re planning to buy a home, how do you try to stop getting carried away in property fever this June?
1. Get ready – find out from a mortgage advisor exactly how much you can afford to borrow, and if you have a property to sell get a valuation and ask your agent about interest in your area to gauge how quickly it might sell.
2. Before making a move think tactically – take time to think about what you want to ensure you make the right move. Enjoy looking at what properties are available and what you can get for your money.
3. Mark out your goalposts – before making an offer, engage your solicitor and get your finances sorted so that you’re in the best position possible. This makes you an attractive buyer.
4. Don’t get carried away – buying a property is very exciting but don’t put pressure on yourself by getting carried away and offering more on a property than you can afford.
5. Goal scored! – property professionals like Andrews help thousands of people every week so ask for help and advice.
With our extended opening hours (available 8am until 8pm, and on Sundays and bank holidays), you won’t have to blow the whistle on your property search during the World Cup.
There’s plenty of time for you to have a viewing or get your property valued, and still get home in time for the big game!
For help planning your property needs around the World Cup, download our free World Cup property planner from andrewsonline.co.uk/extra-time.
Comments are closed on this article.