ST MATTHEW'S Church in Cainscross celebrated its 175th anniversary at the weekend.
Friends and neighbours from across the community came together to mark the milestone.
Historic church registers and other parish memorabilia was on show, together with displays of the life of the church and parish today.
A marquee in the churchyard housed a labyrinth and a 'messy church' event with children's crafts.
The church was built in 1837 and has been linked with St Matthew's School since 1877. The weekend culminated with a festival thanks giving Eucharist with the Bishop of Gloucester, at which the two
St Matthew's communities - the church and the school - gave thanks for its past and recommitted its future together.