Stroud & District Football League Division Two

Minchinhampton FC 1

Bush FC 1

This was a fine advert for Stroud & District League Football.

Minchinhampton started the brighter, but found it hard to find a way through a solid Bush defensive line.

Against the run of play, Bush took the lead when a whipped in corner was met by Richard Cushion, who powered home a header from close range.

Undeterred, Minchinhampton pressed on for an equaliser and this finally arrived when Ollie Osborne-Shill rampaged forward and after good interplay with Jamie Lees, his initial effort was thwarted by the Bush keeper, but he remained alive to prod home the loose ball to regain parity.

After an extended half-time interval due to a thunder storm, both sides returned to the field and continued to serve up a good display.

Minchinhampton were more proactive in going for a winner and kept pressing forward but their fine approach play was all too often let down by a poor final ball or a lack of composure in front of goal.

Bush can also count themselves very grateful for the fantastic performance by their keeper who denied good efforts from Brad Jones, Jamie Lees and Sam Wickham and then with seconds left on the clock denied Jake Williams what would have been a certain winner.

Credit must be given to the referee, Wayne Millin, who officiated well and let the game flow.

Star Man: Ollie Osborne-Shill.

Stroud & District Football League Division Six

Uley Reserves 2

Minchinhampton Reserves 4

MINCHINHAMPTON Reserves kept up their fine unbeaten run of away form of six games by dispatching Uley Reserves 4-2.

A bare eleven men visited Shadwell determined to give a good account of themselves, and were unfortunate after a bright start to find themselves behind inside five minutes.

They levelled when a long throw from Adam Churchill was smartly headed into the top corner at the front post by Ed Gosling.

An even game ensued, with Minchinhampton edging ahead thanks to another instinctive finish from front man Ed Gosling.

Minch started to dominate the second-half and carved out a number of chances with Luke Halliday, Ed Gosling and Tom Heslop failing to capitalise before combining to see Luke Halliday make it 3-1.

Uley struck back following a period of domination striking the bar twice from corners before a third was headed past the stricken keeper to make it 3-2.

Minch continued to have the better of the possession and soon extended their lead when Tom Heslop’s headed effort struck the post and Gig Arnold was on hand to dispatch the ball into the net with aplomb.

A well contested game marshalled by stand in referee, Dave Trinder from Uley, who was excellent.