STROUD DISTRICT COUNCIL (OFF STREET PARKING PLACES) (CONSOLIDATION! ORDER 2010 (AS AMENDED) VARIATION ORDER 2021Notice ID: WOR2297736
STROUD DISTRICT COUNCIL (OFF STREET PARKING PLACES) (CONSOLIDATION! ORDER 2010 (AS AMENDED) VARIATION ORDER 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Stroud District Council ("the Council") propose to make an Order under Sections 32 and 35 of and under Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) ("the Act") and of all other enabling powers with the consent of Gloucestershire County Council in accordance with Section 39(3) of the Act and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Act.
2. The proposed Order relates to car parks at Church Street and both car parks at London Road Stroud.
3. The effect of the proposed Order will be to:
(a) Increase the maximum stay in Church Street car park from 2hrs to 3hrs;
(b) Rename the London Road car park to 'London Road Surface Car Park';
(c) Reduce the charging time in London Road Surface Car Park to between 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. inclusive;
(d) Introduce a weekly and fortnightly car parking permit;
(e) Rename the Multi Storey London Road Levels 1 and 1A, 5 and 5A car park to 'Multi Storey London Road (all Levels)';
(f) Change all levels of the Multi Storey London Road (all levels) car park from short stay to long stay;
(g) Extend the opening hours of the Multi Storey London Road (all levels) car park to from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m inclusive;
(h) Close the Multi Storey London Road (all levels) car park on Sundays and Bank Holidays except in pre-arranged cases.
4. Full details of the proposals are contained in the draft Order which together with a statement of the Council's reasons for proposing to make the Order may be seen on display in the windows of the foyer at Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, Glos, GL5 4UB and will also be available on the Council's web-site.
5. Any representations about or objections to the proposed Order stating the grounds on which they are made should be sent in writing to the undersigned so as to arrive not later than noon on Monday 31st January 2022.
Dated this 10th day of January 2022 Keith Gerrard
Strategic Director of Communities Stroud District Council Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf
Stroud, Glos, GL5 4UB_