Stevenage’s Alex Revell saw red as in-form Forest Green Rovers came from behind to win 3-1.

Luke Wilkinson’s skidding free-kick handed Stevenage the lead on 26 minutes, but they were reduced to ten on 30 minutes – Revell handed a straight red for an industrial challenge on Isaiah Osbourne.

Reuben Reid levelled matters on the cusp of the break for Mark Cooper’s side and defender Farrend Rawson bundled home on 61 minutes from a hanging Dan Wishart cross.

And with nine minutes to go, Christian Doidge touched home his 20th of the season from an Osbourne cross, giving Rovers their fourth straight home win.

Earlier, a sickness bug deprived manager Cooper of Alex Bray and captain Lee Collins. Enforced tweaks saw Dan Wishart and January loan signing Chris Clements come into the side.

Rovers were caught cold on six minutes. Terence Vancooten’s flighted free-kick fell to Matt Godden, who stuck out a leg to clip the ball over Brad Collins, but imperious defending saw Farrend Rawson volley off the line. Rovers’ riposte was immediate - Reid demanding a plunging save from Tom King.

The game was end-to-end, but Rovers were gaining control.

However, Stevenage took the lead on 26 minutes. Clements tripped John Goddard on the edge of the box and Luke Wilkinson punished Rovers as he placed a skidding free-kick beyond the wall and the glove of the diving Brad Collins.

Four minutes later and Stevenage were reduced to ten – Revell handed a straight red for a foul on Osbourne.

Trying to pressing home the numerical advantage, Dayle Grubb drove into the box but spanked his shot wide.

With six minutes of added time underway, Rovers found their range in the 45th-minute. Grubb stepped on the gas for Doidge to play the ball down the side of the exposed Ben Wilmot for Reid to fire succinctly beyond the exposed King.

Rovers started the second-half on the front foot. Wishart inducing a foul and a booking out of Ronnie Henry.

It was end-to-end in a helter-skelter five minutes. Grubb conjured an opportunity for Doidge, who was brilliantly foiled by King and the free ball fell to Grubb, who watched his strike cleared off the line by Henry.

Seconds later, Rovers were exposed, but Collins thwarted Ben Kennedy. In a blink of an eye Rovers were ahead. Wishart’s hanging cross was met by the leaping Rawson who took two attempts to force the ball home.

Rovers had claims for a penalty brushed away when Haydn Hollis was tripped by Wilmot.

Rovers finished Stevenage off when Osbourne’s driving run and fizzing cross was touched in by Doidge with nine minutes to go.

Forest Green: (4-4-2) Collins; Bennett, Gunning, Rawson, Hollis; Clements (Laird 73), Osbourne, Wishart, Grubb; Reid (Campbell 87) Doidge

Subs not used: Belford, Simpson, Brown, Spurrier

Stevenage: King; Wilkinson, Revell, Kennedy (Newton 63), Goddard, Amos, Vancooten, Henry, McKee (Bowditch 69), Wilmot

Subs not used:Fryer, Conlon, White, Franks

Attendance: 1,825

Away: 118

Star Man: Dayle Grubb

Next up: Forest Green travel to Morecambe on Saturday, 3pm