MORECAMBE'S Gregg Wylde bagged a 90th-minute equaliser  to deny Forest Green a rare away victory.

Earlier, Chris Clements fizzed in a first-half worldie - the Grimsby Town loanee thundering a sumptuous strike from the edge of the box, but a second-half Morecambe onslaught saw Jim Bentley's side share the spoils.

Boss Mark  Cooper stuck with the side that dispatched Stevenage last time out. However, Lee Collins remained at home after failing to recover from the sickness bug that had swept through the camp. Rotherham loanee Alex Bray managed to climb off his sick bed and returned to the squad along with Charlie Cooper.

With six consecutive away defeats, Rovers were looking to address their slide on the road.

From the get-go, Rovers found their feet quickly – captain Gavin Gunning watching his header drop wide of the post from a Dayle Grubb free-kick.

Isaiah Osbourne was bossing the midfield as Rovers dictated the opening exchanges.

Patience is a virtue and Rovers took the lead with a 14th-minute rocket from Clements, his first goal for the club. Grubb was at the hub of sublime move, which finished with Haydn Hollis touching the ball to Clements who picked his spot from the edge of the box, sending a right-footed howitzer beyond the reach of Danijel Nizic.

Morecambe, in a relegation fight with Rovers, responded when Sam Lavelle leaped highest to watch his header skim the top of the bar.

Five minutes before the break Rovers were saved by the razor-sharp reflexes of Chelsea loanee Brad Collins who produced a stunning block from a thumping Steve Old header.

Rovers anticipated a Morecambe siege, but Rovers resumed on the front-foot, but the Shrimps responded. The impeccable Collins spilled a shot, but the alert Hollis recovered to deny  Kevin Ellison what looked like a certain goal in the six-yard box before Gregg Wylde saw his shot blocked.

Morecambe claims for a penalty were turned down when Aaron McGowan took a tumble in the box and a booking for his trouble.

Rovers were rocked as the Shrimps gained a foothold. Sub Bray went into the book for Rovers  after a trip on captain Michael Rose

Rovers were losing their way somewhat and boss Cooper ushered on Charlie Cooper with 13 minutes to go for Reuben Reid.

For all of Morecambe’s territory, Rovers should have made it 2-0 when Grubb fired a ball across the box, but nobody could get a goal scoring touch.

Rovers were running the clock down, but were stung on 90 minutes. Wylde scampered through to drill a shot under the gloves of Collins and in off the post.

RATINGS out of 5





Gunning ***

Clements ****

Osbourne ****

Wishart **

Reid ***



Subs: Bray*** (Wishart 60) Cooper ( Reid 77)

Subs not used: Belford, Simpson, Laird, Campbell

Bookings: Bray 70, Grubb 78

MORECAMBE: Nizic, McGowan, Kenyon, Old, Winnard, Oliver (Thompson ), Ellison, Conlan, Lavelle (McGurk 56), Wylde, Rose

Subs not used: Brough, Flemming, Campbell, Lund, Hedley

Bookings: McGowan 60, Winnard 68, Conlan 88

COMING UP: Forest Green entertain Crawley Town  in Sky Bet Two on Saturday, February 24, 3pm.