Dayle Grubb's third goal in a week set Forest Green Rovers on their way to a first home win of the season as they hammered bitter rivals Cheltenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy. 

George Williams and 19-year-old Isaac Pearce scored their first goals for the club while Tahvon Campbell also got on the scoresheet on a faultless night from Forest Green. 

Rovers have so often dominated at home and ended up frustrated but they were ruthless and in truth, destroyed their rivals. 

Mark Cooper made seven changes from the side that started at Notts County in the league. 

James Montgomery continued in goal in the cup's. There was also full debuts for new signings Ben Morris and Matt Worthington. 

Theo Archibald started at left-back in a back four with Nathan McGinley, Paul Digby and Liam Shephard while Tahvon Campbell, George Williams and Dayle Grubb were also given starts. 

Rovers started brightly and took just 15 minutes to take the lead. 

Matt Worthington's corner bobbled in the box before falling to Grubbwho's powerful strike gave Rhys Lovett no chance. 

Grubb had the chance to score again just minutes later, he showed great composure to put the ball on his right foot but this time his shot was blocked. 

Forest Green dominated the first half and were getting a lot of joy on the right. It looked like only a matter of time until they'd get a second goal.

Cheltenham were more like spectators in the first half. Their only real chance came in added time when Sam Jones fizzed a shot in from 25 yards and it wasn't too far wide. 

The second half continued in the same manner as the first and Cooper's men doubled their lead three minutes into it when Campbell curled an absolute beauty into the top corner from the edge of the box after he collected the ball from a corner. 

Forest Green continued to control the game against Cheltenham team who looked to lack confidence. 

Once chance did come for the visitors when Duku turned Sam Jones' cut back into Montgomery's gloves. 

McGinley headed onto the roof of the net on 56 minutes as Rovers looked to add gloss to the scoreline. 

Rovers should have perhaps made it 3-0 after a fine move saw Grubb allowed to dart into the box. He tried to bend the ball into the far corner but it went wide. 

Grubb again came close but was this time denied by the keeper. 

They finally got their third with six minutes to get when Campbell played in Williams with a beautiful through ball and the Welshman made no mistake when one on one and bent the ball into the far corner. 

Substitute Isaac Pearce almost added a fourth but Lovett pulled off a fine save from close range but he got his goal a couple of minutes later when his deflected shot found the back of the net to round of a perfect night for Rovers.