It has been reported that a Forest Green fan collapsed at the match against Cambridge United yesterday.

According to reports on the Cambridge United's online club forum, a man who was identified by his ticket as having purchased his ticket through Forest Green Rovers, was attended to at the scene by medics and is being treated at Papworth Hospital.

An attendee at yesterday's game wrote:

"After the person's collapse into unconsciousness, fans and stewards acted promptly with the Police and St John's Ambulance on the scene who attended to him at United's excellent medical facility before sending him to hospital.

"As we left the ground yesterday, it was confirmed that he had been admitted to Papworth hospital and had survived. He has all our good wishes for a full recovery.

"In the meantime, I'd just like to pay tribute to the fantastic response from Cambridge United, the Police Officers and St John's Ambulance. Quite probably, their swift and skilled intervention has saved a life. I do hope so."

The football supporter also added that it was believed that the man in question had travelled on his own from Essex and was not known to other Forest Green supporters.

Cambridge United released a statement on Monday, it read: "Cambridge United can confirm that a Forest Green Rovers supporter suffered a cardiac arrest at Saturday's Sky Bet League Two fixture at the Abbey Stadium, and is currently being treated at Royal Papworth Hospital.

"Thanks to the extremely quick response of the supporters around him, the Club's match day stewards, the medical team on site and the emergency services, who all combined to perform life saving CPR and medical aid - the supporter was able to be rushed to hospital on Saturday and has remained in the care of the best hands possible over the weekend. 

"Our thoughts and prayers of everyone at Cambridge United in hoping for a full recovery are with the individual, and are of course extended to his relatives throughout this troubling time. 

"The Club will confirm further details at an appropriate time, but we wish once again to thank all of those involved in providing the immediate response required."​